Peace for the World

Peace for the World
First democratic leader of Justice the Godfather of the Sri Lankan Tamil Struggle: Honourable Samuel James Veluppillai Chelvanayakam

Monday, May 14, 2018

‘‘ People should have guts to make complaints ’’ 

Pix by Waruna Wanniarachchi 
2018-05-15

 “Being a lawyer is not a privilege to disobey the prevailing law. If there is a forum or a bench I will appear before it and give evidence. There are nearly 15 000 lawyers and only a very few are corrupt. I’m raising my voice to restore the nobility attached to the legal profession. If I am penalized I will be happy. We have filed cases against six Supreme Court judges. How can speaking the truth be considered as contempt? If we fail to maintain the rule of law, the society will collapse,” are the utterances by outspoken Attorney-at-Law Sugandhika Fernando.