Peace for the World

Peace for the World
First democratic leader of Justice the Godfather of the Sri Lankan Tamil Struggle: Honourable Samuel James Veluppillai Chelvanayakam

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

‘I’ll give Mahinda’s files if my son-in-law is given a ministry’

‘I’ll give Mahinda’s files if my son-in-law is given a ministry’

Jun 14, 2017

During the recent cabinet reshuffle, a certain president’s counsel kept on telephoning UNP chairman Malik Samarawickrama. Calling him three to four times a day, this PC requested that his son-in-law, an MP from Matara, be given a ministerial or deputy ministerial position. Knowing the man, the UNP chairman tried to avoid him by saying various things. Until the last moment, this PC had been in the embrace of Mahinda Rajapaksa and obtained ambassador positions from him and being the ungrateful man he is, he told Malik, “Malik, get my son-in-law’s matter done. If you do that, I will give you several files about Mahinda Rajapaksa not even you or the CID can find. No one else has what I have. For more than 20 years, I appeared for every case of Mahinda. No one else has the documents I have. If they are exposed, Mahinda can be sent to life imprisonment.”

In the end, top figures in the UNP discussed this PC’s offer, and decided that “After getting so much work done by Mahinda, if he is ready to betray his client, what damage will he do for the party?” According to reports reaching us, this PC is now castigating Malik and Ranil everywhere. “I will do them all. I have the president in my palms.” That is true, because, the president made him the TRC chief recently. Maithripala Sirisena does not need a lot of enemies if he has a couple of friends like him. In the future, this PC will tell Mahinda, “If you make my son-in-law a minister, I will give you Maithri’s files.”