Sri Lanka: Report on alleged attempt to suspend Presidential results, submitted to AG

( March 10, 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka Guardian) The report on the alleged attempt to suspend the Presidential election results of 2015 had been submitted to the Attorney General and we are awaiting his response to take further action, Minister of Law and Order and Southern Development Sagala Ratnayake said in Parliament, yesterday ( March 9. 2016).
Responding to an oral question raised by UPFA MP Udaya Gammanpila, the Minister said the report on the investigations being carried out by the CID into this incident, had already been forwarded to the Attorney General. The process was delayed due to the delay caused by the previous Attorney General.