‘MR’s life in danger; his security mustn’t be compromised’
March 25, 2015, 10:05 pm
Government Spokesman Rajitha Senaratne told the media on Tuesday that Rajapaksa had been given 23 vehicles.
The former President’s office yesterday alleged that though 108 soldiers and 105 policemen had been assigned for Rajapaksa’s security, they hadn’t been provided with enough vehicles. In fact, all vehicles assigned for the security contingent had been withdrawn on a directive given by Secretary to the President P. B. Abeykoon, it said.
The government hadn’t responded so far to a letter dated March 16 sent by the former presidential secretary Lalith Weeratunga, requesting an adequate number of vehicles for the security contingent’s use, Rajapaksa’s office said, stressing that he had given political leadership to the country’s war against terrorism and therefore there were threats to his life.