Peace for the World

Peace for the World
First democratic leader of Justice the Godfather of the Sri Lankan Tamil Struggle: Honourable Samuel James Veluppillai Chelvanayakam

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Learning From Wanathamulla








 by Tisaranee Gunasekara
“The Defence Secretary came here….Mr. Gotabhaya told me ‘I want to speak to you’. He and I are of different status. So I asked him, ‘Is it right for me to speak to you’? He said, ‘No you can say anything’. Then I made certain criticisms….He got angry”
Sunil Samaradheera of Wanathamulla
( February 20, 2014, Colombo, Sri Lanka Guardian) In 1940, a year before they began implementing the ‘Final Solution’, the Nazis had a trial-run. A group of German-Jews were deported and the Gestapo watched closely for the reaction of their non-Jewish neighbours.