Peace for the World

Peace for the World
First democratic leader of Justice the Godfather of the Sri Lankan Tamil Struggle: Honourable Samuel James Veluppillai Chelvanayakam

Monday, August 5, 2013

Sihala Ravaya to draw more blood over cattle slaughter

cattle slaughterThe extremist Sinhala Buddhist organization, Sihala Ravaya has said that more blood would be drawn until there’s a ban on cattle slaughter.
Head of Sihala Ravaya, Ven. Akmeemana Dayarathana Thero has said the movement was willing to go as far as death to ensure that cattle slaughter is banned in Sri Lanka.
The monk’s statement has indicated that that there was a likelihood of seeing more monks immolating themselves.
Sinhala Ravaya member Ven. Bowatte Indraratne Thero on Vesak day immolated himself outside the Temple of the Tooth in Kandy.
The Sinhala Ravaya organized a protest march on June 15 From Kataragama to Temple Trees.
At Temple Trees Sihala Ravaya handed over a petition to the President calling for an end to cattle slaughter and unethical conversions.
The President assured that laws to ban cattle slaughter would be introduced.
However, Ven. Dayarathna Thero has said that the organization would give two months for the introduction of the necessary legislation and would take their campaign to the next level.

UNP claims over 7 dead


August 4, 2013
mangala-samaraweera
The opposition United National Party (UNP) claims, based on reports received from Rathupaswala in Weliweriya, over seven people had been killed during the clashes last week.
According to official figures 3 people had died as of today and at least two others are in critical condition.
UNP MP Mangala Samaraweera said that according to reports, six people had died by yesterday and that figure rose further today.
He said not only did the government give bullets in place of water for the public in Weliweriya, it is now trying to hide the truth from the people and the world.
“I would like to tell the Rajapaksa regime not to deceive the people and the world anymore and reveal the true figure on the number of deaths,” he said.
He said the government must respond to the question as to who gave the orders for the army to be sent in and use live bullets when it was a civil issue which should have been controlled by the police. (Colombo Gazette)