White Van Waiting For Callum: What Does The UK Govt. Intend To Do If I Am Refused A Visa By Sri Lankan Govt.? – Callum Macrae
July 10, 2013 |
Callum Macrae the film director of No Fire Zone: Sri Lanka’s Killing Fields speaks to a senior journalist in Sri Lanka over the threats by a diplomat who says Callum should not visit Sri Lanka for CHOGM; Callum says he has all the right to be in Sri Lanka for CHOGM as he has covered CHOGM previously.
Bandula Jayasekara however, when Ceylon Today’s (July 7 issue) Sulochana Ramiah Mohan queried about the tweets to Macrae he said thus; “Yes, I have been tweeting about Macrae’s LTTE propaganda. He is a paid LTTE mercenary and as a citizen of Sri Lanka, I will not allow him to come to Sri Lanka on any ground, although it is the Commonwealth Secretariat that decides who should come for CHOGM. Meanwhile Media Minister Keheliya Rambukwella voicing his opinion about Callum Macrae’s media credibility said, “On the pretext of being a press personnel, Macrae is doing his rounds funded by his well-wishers – the Tamil Diaspora.”
We publish below the interviews in full;
I can’t see how the Government of Sri Lanka can refuse me - Callum
Q : What were the real threats from the Sri Lankan diplomat aimed at you regarding CHOGM and your intended visit to Sri Lanka?