‘MURDERERS CONFESS GETTING RS. 3.5 MIL CONTRACT FROM MERVYN’
January 12, 2013
The murderers of Hasitha Madawala have confessed to accepting a Rs. 3.5 million contract from Minister Mervyn Silva to assassinate several PS members, claims the Chairman of the Kelaniya Pradeshiya Sabha Prasanna Ranaweera.
He stated that today officials of the Kelaniya Pradeshiya Sabha are afraid to attend assembly or even a public meeting.
However, we are all active members of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party, he said therefore requesting the President, Defense Secretary and IGP to guarantee their safety.
Ranaweera stated that even though he has been provided with security, he requests authorities to do the same for the remainder of the PS members.
However, the main person - Minister Mervyn Silva still walks free and until he is arrested, there is a threat to our lives, the Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman told reporters during a press conference today.
He stated that removing Mervyn from the post of Keleniya electorate chief organizer alone will not suffice.
Probe on hacking, on hold:Sri Lanka CERT|CC
The Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team | Coordination Centre (Sri Lanka CERT|CC) said they have been unable to proceed with the next phase in their investigations on the recent hacking of some 22 government websites, as a result of a delay in some documents due to be handed over by a web hosting company.
An official of the Sri Lanka CERT|CC speaking to Daily Mirror said, since the hosting company of the defaced government website (North Central provincial council - ncp.gov.lk) is based in the US, some of the documents they requested in order to probe into the hacking, has not been sent to them, yet. “So our investigations have been put on hold for now,” the official added.
Last week, some 22 subdomains of the North Central Provincial Council (nc.gov.lk) owned by the Sri Lanka government was defaced by an alleged group of Bangladeshi hackers, who call themselves the Bangladeshi Grey Hat Hackers (BGHH).
Meanwhile, the official also said discussions have also been ongoing; to consider the feasibility of bringing all state-owned websites under the Lanka Government Network (LGN) as it would be more convenient to monitor their security and other maintenance activities.
However, the decision has not still been confirmed as such a move would also involve other risks. (LP)
‘MURDERERS CONFESS GETTING RS. 3.5 MIL CONTRACT FROM MERVYN’
The murderers of Hasitha Madawala have confessed to accepting a Rs. 3.5 million contract from Minister Mervyn Silva to assassinate several PS members, claims the Chairman of the Kelaniya Pradeshiya Sabha Prasanna Ranaweera.
He stated that today officials of the Kelaniya Pradeshiya Sabha are afraid to attend assembly or even a public meeting.
However, we are all active members of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party, he said therefore requesting the President, Defense Secretary and IGP to guarantee their safety.
Ranaweera stated that even though he has been provided with security, he requests authorities to do the same for the remainder of the PS members.
However, the main person - Minister Mervyn Silva still walks free and until he is arrested, there is a threat to our lives, the Pradeshiya Sabha Chairman told reporters during a press conference today.
He stated that removing Mervyn from the post of Keleniya electorate chief organizer alone will not suffice.
Probe on hacking, on hold:Sri Lanka CERT|CC
The Sri Lanka Computer Emergency Readiness Team | Coordination Centre (Sri Lanka CERT|CC) said they have been unable to proceed with the next phase in their investigations on the recent hacking of some 22 government websites, as a result of a delay in some documents due to be handed over by a web hosting company.
An official of the Sri Lanka CERT|CC speaking to Daily Mirror said, since the hosting company of the defaced government website (North Central provincial council - ncp.gov.lk) is based in the US, some of the documents they requested in order to probe into the hacking, has not been sent to them, yet. “So our investigations have been put on hold for now,” the official added.
Last week, some 22 subdomains of the North Central Provincial Council (nc.gov.lk) owned by the Sri Lanka government was defaced by an alleged group of Bangladeshi hackers, who call themselves the Bangladeshi Grey Hat Hackers (BGHH).
Meanwhile, the official also said discussions have also been ongoing; to consider the feasibility of bringing all state-owned websites under the Lanka Government Network (LGN) as it would be more convenient to monitor their security and other maintenance activities.
However, the decision has not still been confirmed as such a move would also involve other risks. (LP)
An official of the Sri Lanka CERT|CC speaking to Daily Mirror said, since the hosting company of the defaced government website (North Central provincial council - ncp.gov.lk) is based in the US, some of the documents they requested in order to probe into the hacking, has not been sent to them, yet. “So our investigations have been put on hold for now,” the official added.
Last week, some 22 subdomains of the North Central Provincial Council (nc.gov.lk) owned by the Sri Lanka government was defaced by an alleged group of Bangladeshi hackers, who call themselves the Bangladeshi Grey Hat Hackers (BGHH).
Meanwhile, the official also said discussions have also been ongoing; to consider the feasibility of bringing all state-owned websites under the Lanka Government Network (LGN) as it would be more convenient to monitor their security and other maintenance activities.
However, the decision has not still been confirmed as such a move would also involve other risks. (LP)