Peace for the World

Peace for the World
First democratic leader of Justice the Godfather of the Sri Lankan Tamil Struggle: Honourable Samuel James Veluppillai Chelvanayakam

Friday, November 28, 2014

Five robberies in two months, thief tracked in Vavuniya

A suspect arrested with computers,mobile phones and laptops in Vavuniya related to 5 respective robberies within 2 months in Vavuniya City yesterday by Police Division Vavuniya.

Five robberies in two months, thief tracked in Vavuniya

By Buddhi Prabodha Karunarathe-2014-11-27
A suspect arrested with computers,mobile phones and laptops in Vavuniya related to 5 respective robberies within 2 months in Vavuniya City yesterday by Police Division Vavuniya.
 It’s said that the suspect was working as a painter in Vavuniya City. The suspect is to be produced to Magistrate Court Vavuniya, today (27). 

Unidentified corpse in a paddy field in Thembuwana


Unidentified corpse in a paddy field in Thembuwana

By Premalal Wijeratne- 2014-11-27
Police investigates if there are hidden mysteries behind the unidentified corpse left in a paddy field n Thembuwana area.
A farmer informed to the police about the corpse in the paddy field yesterday (26).
It’s suspicious that corpse being uncovered for few days from human eye until it becomes unidentifiable. Police ­­­stated that a final decision on the incident can be made after the post mortem.
The Magistrate Investigation was to be done yesterday (26).

Nigeria: multiple bomb blasts target Kano mosque

Scores feared killed or wounded as two bombs explode in mosque as Friday prayers begin, and a third goes off nearby
Nigerian police arrive at a car bomb site in Kano earlier this year. Photograph: AP
Nigerian police arrive at a car bomb site in Kano earlier this year
















FastestBreakingNews




 
The Guardian homeScores of people are feared dead or wounded after three bomb blasts near one of the biggest mosques in the northern Nigerian city of Kano.
Witnesses said heavy smoke could be seen billowing into the sky from a long distance away while rescue operations were under way at the bomb site, with the injured and dead being taken away from the scene.
“Two bombs exploded, one after the other, in the premises of the Grand Mosque seconds after the prayers had started,” Aminu Abdullahi told Agence France-Presse. He said a third bomb went off nearby.
Hajara Tukur, who lives nearby, said the police began firing weapons in the chaos that followed the blasts, as worshippers began running for safety.
It was not clear whether Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the emir of Kano and one of the country’s most important religious leaders, was there at the time of the attack.
Preaching at Kano’s Grand Mosque last week, the emir urged northerners to take up arms against the Islamist militant group Boko Haram, and cast doubt on the military’s ability to protect civilians and end the insurgency.
Nigeria is home to more than 80 million Muslims, most of whom live in the north.
Officially the emir is the country’s number two cleric, behind the sultan of Sokoto. Sanusi, who was named emir earlier this year, is a prominent figure in his own right, having previously served as the chief of Nigeria’s central bank, where he spoke out against government fraud.
An attack on Sanusi could inflame tensions in Kano, Nigeria’s second city and most populous in the north.
Boko Haram has repeatedly attacked Kano. On 14 November, a suicide bomb attack at a petrol station killed six people, including three police.
The extremists have a record of attacking prominent clerics and in July 2012, a suicide bomber killed five people leaving Friday prayers at the home of the Shehu of Borno in the north-eastern city of Maiduguri.
The Shehu is Nigeria’s number three Islamic leader.
In Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state, civilian vigilantes said on Friday they had discovered a suspected remote-controlled device planted in the Gamboru Market area of the city.
It was successfully defused by a police bomb squad but as the bomb was being made safe, another device exploded nearby. There were no casualties, as the area had been cordoned off.
“Our assumption is that the bombs were planted ahead of Friday prayers in the mosque just nearby,” civilian vigilante Babakura Adam said.

Eyeing deadline, France to back Palestinian state if peace talks fail
Head of the Palestinian Mission in France, Hael Al Fahoum attends a debate on Palestine status at the National Assembly in Paris November 28, 2014. REUTERS/Charles PlatiauHead of the Palestinian Mission in France, Hael Al Fahoum attends a debate on Palestine status at the National Assembly in Paris November 28, 2014.
BY JOHN IRISH-PARIS Fri Nov 28, 2014
Reuters(Reuters) - France warned on Friday it would recognise a Palestinian state if a final international effort to overcome the impasse between Israelis and Palestinians failed, and proposed a two-year timeframe to end the conflict through a U.N.-backed resolution.
Lawmakers will hold a symbolic parliamentary vote on Dec. 2 on whether the French government should recognise Palestine as a state, a move that the Israeli Prime Minister has called a "grave mistake".
"If this final effort to reach a negotiated solution fails, then France will have to do what it takes by recognising without delay the Palestinian state. We are ready," Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius told parliament.
The parliamentary vote has raised domestic political pressure for the government to be more active on the issue. An IFOP poll showed 63 percent of French support a Palestinian state.
Fabius told deputies that, were they to adopt the motion, it would not change Paris' immediate diplomatic stance.
But he said that, after similar moves in Sweden, Britain, Ireland and Spain, Paris could not ignore the "never-ending" conflict that was playing into extremists' hands.
"There needs to be support, some would say pressure, from the international community to help the two sides make the final step to peace," Fabius said.
Palestinians seek statehood in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and blockaded Gaza Strip with East Jerusalem as their capital - lands captured by Israel in a 1967 war.
The latest round of efforts to forge a two-state solution collapsed in April. Palestinians see little choice but to push unilaterally for statehood.
Fabius said Paris was working to get a United Nations Security Council resolution adopted that would relaunch and conclude negotiations within two years.
Diplomats have said France, Britain and Germany are preparing a text that could be accelerated if a separate resolution drafted by Palestinians, and calling for an end to Israeli occupation by November 2016, is put forward.
"We must fix a calendar because without one how do you convince anybody that it won't just be another process?" Fabius said.
He proposed that in parallel a conference be held with regional actors, European Union, Arab League and major powers.
He did not specify at what stage France could decide to back a Palestinian state, but a diplomat said that it could happen anytime if Paris felt negotiations were dead.
France does not classify Palestine as a state, but has supported Palestine's membership of UNESCO and its non-member observer country status at the United Nations.

(Reporting By John Irish; editing by Ralph Boulton)

Soldier jailed for making nail bomb 'not a terrorist'

Channel 4 News
FRIDAY 28 NOVEMBER 2014
Soldier Ryan McGee, an English Defence League supporter who admitted making a nail bomb and possessing the Anarchist Cookbook, is jailed for two years at the Old Bailey.
Ryan McGee
The 20-year-old from Eccles, Greater Manchester, made a device containing 181 metal screws and bits of glass which were designed to maximise wounding capability when it was set off.
At the time of the arrest, McGee was serving with Bravo Company of the 5th Battalion the Rifles before being deployed to barracks in Germany.
The bomb and far right material was uncovered when Greater Manchester Police searched the home where he lived with his mother Vera and two brothers in an unconnected investigation on 28 November last year.

Right-wing paraphernalia

The court heard McGee was obsessed with far-right politics, but was not a member of the English Defence League, despite attending one of their marches and being gifted with an EDL T-shirt and jumper for his 18th birthday by his mother.
He also watched a horrific video of men being bound and executed under a swastika flag, and his laptop had links to websites including gore videos, French skinheads, Russian racism, handguns for sale UK and Germany, the court was told.
Ryan McGee
The prosecutor accepted he was not a terrorist and that he did not intend to help a terrorist group. When he was interviewed by the police, the fifth generation British Army man said he made a bomb on leave "out of boredom" and that he was interested in right-wing politics because he did not like mass immigration.
Sadly, we live in a violent age.Brian Barker, recorder of London
Jailing him, Recorder of London Brian Barker said: "The fact of the matter is any explosive device in the wrong hands could cause untold misery to anyone on the receiving end.
"Sadly, we live in a violent age. Let's be quite clear that any experimentation by anybody with these kinds of weapons must lead to severe sentences."

'Extremist beliefs'

Following the sentencing, Detective Superintendent Simon Barraclough, from the north west counter-terrorism unit, said McGee had "stepped well over the mark of what can be considered acceptable behaviour".
He said: "McGee had in his possession a viable improvised device and the material and knowledge of how to make it. He clearly set out to make the device, which could have seriously injured or possibly killed members of the public.
"There is no evidence of planning or intended targets but we do not under-estimate the impact that McGee's actions and extremist beliefs may have had on communities across the country."

Eight months after Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine, a complicated transition


 November 27 at 4:28 PM
 Eight months into the Russian annexation of the Black Sea resort region of Crimea, traces of Ukraine’s 60-year rule here are rapidly being wiped away. Now Ukrainians themselves worry that they are next.

Phillip Hughes death will not affect batting approach, says Alastair Cook

• England preparing to face Sri Lanka in ODI on Saturday
• ‘We should carry on playing and show our respects,’ says Cook
• England camp devastated by death of Hughes
Alastair Cook
Alastair Cook said it was down to individual players if they wanted to play in England's ODI match against Sri Lanka. Photograph: Gareth Copley/Getty Images
The Guardian home
 in Colombo- Friday 28 November 2014 
Wherever cricket is played on the globe there has been an outpouring of grief and sorrow at the death of Phillip Hughes over the last two days.And that most definitely includes Sri Lanka.
On the eve of the second one-day international in Colombo, Alastair Cook spoke simply and powerfully about the last few traumatic days for cricket and cricketers. He insisted that in the long run the terrible accident in Sydney would not change how the game was played, while acknowledging that in the immediate aftermath of such a tragedy it may be difficult to summon up the usual intensity on the field.
He added that there was leeway for those especially close to Hughes in the England side – Moeen Ali, Steven Finn and Eoin Morgan were county colleagues – to withdraw from Saturday’s match if that is what they wished to do, though the chances of this happening were very slim. The England and Wales Cricket Board and the Professional Cricketers Association are providing support networks for their players and they have been used by some of the touring players.
“It was a really sad day, a tragic day for cricket and words I say here aren’t going to do anything justice,” said a grim-faced Cook. “Ours is an incredibly sad dressing room and all our thoughts are with the Hughes family and those Australian players who knew him so well.”
He confirmed that a postponement of the second one-day international had been considered: “There were discussions about whether we should be playing but both sides agreed that we should carry on and show our respects to Phil and try to put on a good show.”
Both teams – Cook’s outlook had earlier been mirrored by the Sri Lanka captain, Angelo Mathews – are aiming to play with the competitiveness that any international match warrants, however difficult that might be. “I don’t think we should change how we play cricket at all,” said Cook, “because I don’t think that’s the right way to go about it.
“We’ve got to make sure we keep working as hard as we can with the [helmet] manufacturers and the authorities to make cricket as safe as we can but I certainly wouldn’t change the way I play.”
Cook added that improvements in safety have been significant even during his time as a player. In theory this has been the safest era in which to play cricket. Even so he acknowledged that “this is a reminder of how dangerous the game can be, and how we cannot take anything for granted. It’s also a reminder of how precious life is and how lucky we are to be playing cricket.”
Cook said he would remember Hughes as “an outstanding talent”, destined to be “a fantastic player for Australia”. He revealed that Hughes was one of those opponents that he could chat easily with once the contest was over: both left-handed opening batsmen – “though we probably went about things [at the crease] in a very different way” – and both passionate about farming and the country.
This incident has prompted much talk of “the family of cricket”, a notion which Cook is prepared to recognise especially in the current climate when emotions are raw. “We might all be playing for different sides, different countries, but we’re pretty much the same guys, just trying to do our best for our teams at the sport we love.”
No one involved in cricket will forget the last few days in a hurry. Every cricket lover, whatever his or her station, has been prompted to pause for thought and that includes the England captain, who may now even conclude that he does not have quite so many ponderous burdens on his plate.
“For me the last three days have clarified that it is just a game of sport,” said Cook, “and that we are incredibly lucky to be playing it. And there is a massive responsibility to do that the right way. Yes, we play hard, but in the right way.”

Golf ball-size hail in Australia storm - video

Channel 4 News



A storm tore through Brisbane on Thursday, uprooting trees and ripping roofs off homes. Hail the size of golf balls fell, 12 people were injured and 83,000 homes left without power.


EXTREME WEATHER: Apocalyptic Tennis Ball-Size Hail Batters Eastern Australia - Part 1!

France's President Francois Hollande visits Ebola-stricken Guinea

Finally good news in fight against Ebola

Guinean Red Cross workers prepare to carry the corpse of a victim.Guinean Red Cross workers prepare to carry the corpse of a victim.

CNN WorldBy Laura Smith-Spark and Laura Akhoun, CNN-November 28, 2014
(CNN) — French President Francois Hollande is visiting Guinea on Friday in a direct show of support for the West African nation as it battles the deadly Ebola virus.
Hollande has been accompanied on the one-day trip by a delegation including the French health minister and the head of the Red Cross in France.
While in Guinea, Hollande will meet with the country’s leaders, visit medical facilities and hold a round-table discussion with people directly involved in fighting the disease. He will also pay tribute to the contribution of French medical workers in Guinea.
This week, the World Health Organization said the spread of the virus appeared to have stabilized in Guinea, an encouraging development.


Source: CNN
Finally good news in fight against Ebola
In a briefing to journalists ahead of the trip, the presidential office said Hollande wanted to take stock of the efforts being made to combat Ebola, not just in Guinea but around the world.
By going there, he hopes to show solidarity with Guinea and its neighbors and send the world a message about not stigmatizing countries affected by Ebola.
In October, Hollande announced a comprehensive plan to fight the disease in France and West Africa, including 100 million euros for treatment and prevention efforts.
France has already built one treatment center in Guinea and is in the process of building two more. Two training centers for caregivers are also being built in the Conakry area.
As of Sunday, there had been 1,260 deaths in Guinea out of 2,134 confirmed, probable or suspected cases of Ebola, the WHO said in an update Wednesday.
In total, 5,689 people have died from the Ebola virus, and there have been 15,935 cases in eight countries since the outbreak began.
Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone remain by far the worst-affected countries. They reported 600 new cases in the week ending Sunday, with 385 of those in Sierra Leone.
"Case incidence is stable in Guinea, stable or declining in Liberia, but may still be increasing in Sierra Leone," the WHO said.
The WHO update also warned that cases and deaths continue to be under-reported in this outbreak.
Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone have recorded 15,901 cases and 5,674 deaths attributed to the virus since the beginning of the outbreak.

Relieve Diabetic Foot Pain


Media/News/Publishing
Foot_massage5.jpeg
Over time, people with diabetes may develop nerve damage throughout the body.
Sometimes this damage occurs without symptoms, and other times patients feel pain, tingling, or numbness in the appendages. This is called diabetic neuropathy.
Diabetes SupportThe best way to prevent pain from neuropathy is to keep your glucose levels close to normal, which helps protect nerves throughout your body. Maintaining healthy glucose levels may also help prevent or delay the onset of future problems.

How to Relieve Pain from Diabetic Neuropathy

Sixty to 70 percent of diabetics experience peripheral neuropathy, mostly affecting the feet. The most common treatments prescribed by doctors are oral medications, including antidepressants, anticonvulsants, and opioids or painkillers. Other treatments include skin ointments or patches.
You can sometimes treat the pain without a medical doctor by using a combination of ointments and supplements found at your local pharmacy.

Five Tips

  1. Use a topical application, such as capsaicin cream (made from red chili peppers). It feels hot to the skin, but the chemicals bind to pain receptors to lessen pain over time.
  2. Take fish oil supplements. Both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids help relieve pain and inflammation.
  3. Wear comfortable shoes that don't put pressure on your toes. (This means no high heals, ladies!)
  4. Relieve stress, which can increase inflammation and pain. Try yoga, meditation, or acupuncture to reduce the effect of stress hormones.
  5. Call your doctor immediately if you notice black or blue spots on your feet, toes, or fingers.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

கனடிய பாராளுமன்றில் மாவீரரை நினைவுகூர்ந்த ராதிகா எம். பி 
Canada Mirror
தமிழீழத்துக்காகம்முயிரை தியாகம் செய்த மாவீரர்களை நினைவு கூர்ந்து
கனடிய பாராளுமன்றில் ராதிகா சிற்சபேசன் உரையாற்றியுள்ளார்


Australian senator remembers Tamils killed by systematic Sri Lankan state brutality
An Australian Greens senator for New South Wales, speaking in parliament, issued a statement remembering Tamils in Sri Lanka that had been killed by “more than 60 years of systematic Sri Lankan state orchestrated brutality towards them.”